Photo credit: UNICEF / Frank Dejongh
On behalf of the Webinars Sub-Group, positioned within the IFE Core Group to support the GTAM Programme Adaptation Team (PAT) , we would like to encourage regional bureaus and country offices to share their best practices in supporting IYCF-E programmes and during the COVID 19 pandemic.
A series of Learning and Sharing Cafes is being organised for the month of October.
The objectives of these cafés are to:
- Raise awareness on the different recommendations and standards proposed by the Infant and Young Child in Emergencies Feeding Operational Guidance (OG-IFE) and how they are adapted in the current IYCF-E programmes and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Increase knowledge and understanding through sharing of best practices and lessons learned in supporting IYCF-E programmes, and IYCF-E programmes during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Galvanize field workers, programme managers, decision and policy makers, donors, and funding agencies in scaling up efforts and resources to protect, promote and support IYCF during emergencies and the pandemic.
- Help understand the different actions, standards, and recommendations of the OG-IFE with concrete field experiences.
The learning and sharing cafes will target a wide range of audiences including:
- Field workers and staff from government, national and international organizations (health and nutrition, FSL, WASH and other relevant sectors);
- Health and Nutrition Programme Managers (health and nutrition, FSL, WASH and other relevant sectors);
- Policy makers, decision makers, country level managers (specifically for the introductory webinar and the launch of the Global Report on the progress of the IYCF-E Operational Guidance
- Donor/funding agencies.
Solicitation of contributions/case studies:
With this post, we would like to solicit the submission of relevant Case Studies on the implementation of the OG-IFE, in emergency contexts and during the COVID 19 pandemic. We would like you to encourage colleagues at the global, regional, and country levels to submit ideas that could be considered for sharing during one of the learning and sharing café, including the possibility of short presentations from the communities.
Find here a form to complete for submitting your case studies, for consideration by the Webinars Group members.
We encourage all of you to disseminate this call for submissions, with the form, as widely as possible through your networks and groups.
Case studies/forms are requested to be submitted by COB September 14, 2020.
Feel free to send any queries and requests for clarification directly to Linda and Alex;
- Alex email@example.com, Webinars Working Group coordinator
- Linda firstname.lastname@example.org, IFE CG Facilitator
Thank you very much in advance for your contribution and we look forward to an exciting webinar series with the support of our members and partners.